Bring Christ to Work with You
Published by Theresee on Wed, 07/11/2012 - 12:54pm
By: Gwyneth Sauceda
Commit whatever you do to the Lord, and your plans will succeed.
As I was praying for guidance on a topic for this reflection, several people I know came to mind when I thought about what it is like to be Christ to each other:
• The oncologist who knows the miraculous power of prayer and doesn’t hesitate to ask his patients to pray with him.
• The company executive who encourages honesty and respect for others, and discourages greed and selfishness.
• The professional fundraiser who left a well paying position to work at the local food bank, and now works many hours to provide food for the hungry.
• The small business owner who sells only fair trade coffee and food products to promote social justice around the world.
• The shipping clerk who sings along with the Christian radio and happily shares his experience singing with his church choir.
• The sales manager who includes Proverbs 16:3 in the signature portion of every e-mail she sends.
• The DMV clerk who posts Bible quotes for her coworkers and customers to see, and never seems to get flustered.
Through these people I can see there isn’t just one way to be Christ to others in the marketplace. There are many ways and all will bring glory to God. Each way gives us a chance to bring Christ to someone else in a very personal manner. The most powerful witness combines our behavior and our words.
This quote from Francis of Assisi does a good job summarizing how we can be Christ to others: “Proclaim the Gospel always, and when necessary, use words.”
TAKE THE CHALLENGE: How can you bring Christ to work with you? How will doing this impact your work environment?